We have quite a variety of Quilt Styles in our house, never posted any, so here’s a start!
(a deep breath while I’m *not panicking* about a potluck at our house tonight, a June newsletter to post, a costume to finish under deadline- know the feeling?!)
This quilt is from Quilts Made Modern, Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr, the “Fashion District” project.
I got a USE IT UP bug – Use It Up, Wear it Out, Make it Do or Do Without…
- his old shirts that had plenty of usable fabric
- florals, big, small, how did I get so many?!
- that curvy seam practice piece 🙂
- another irresistible fat quarter-frogs!
- that sweet extra-wide piece that would be great as a back!
I quilted with a variegated thread, Amann Group Isacord 40 Multi, a Japanese poly called Emerald City. This stippling makes for a soft cushy feel, not stiff like some machine quilting. It was fun and went so quickly compared to some of the more traditional patterns, not to mention-by hand. There are still scraps left, maybe a baby quilt?