Placement of the bias bands was tricky! The bands needed to be crowded into position, since they curved out from the initial seams.
I put pattern pieces together and roughly measured, cut pieces that were longer, finished one end, then placed them, estimating length, finished the far end, pinned, and sewed on with a walking foot.
I placed the top tier somewhere near the end of my fingers on the skirt, skipped ~3″ between tiers. The original sketch was a “fashion” version, impossibly unlike any living humans I know in proportion. 🙂
I was pushing frantic for time and didn’t get bodice band pictures, had a terrible time with them since the bodice was already gathered. I only placed two instead of three, didn’t put any on the back, can’t tell if that matched the original…they did add quite a bit to the look and the drape of the dress! I didn’t stabilize or stiffen them in any way, did overstitch them once they were in place. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!