Have you read “The Shipping News“?
Here is an intersection of my Book Group and my quilt group. Every chapter of this book starts with an image of a knot. Get out the Bowditch‘s! I made a small quilt as a tribute to this dark book, which I loved and recommend.
Just for fun, I’ve included some other quilts hanging around the house:
- The Shipping News
- The Oregon Coast, inspired by Quiltagami
- The Lighthouse trip that inspired “the Oregon Coast”
- An Underwater Fantasy, for a group show a couple of years ago
- Baby Quilt scraps, from a gift for a California beach baby
- The California Beach Baby Quilt those scraps came from
- Bamboo Boogie-Woogie, inspired by a quilt group project, probably on Liz Axford and, I’m guessing, on Piet Mondrian’s Broadway Boogie-Woogie series
- Summer 2007, inspired by “Thinking Outside the Block“
I hope you like them! I wonder how many others make quilts inspired by what they’re reading, outside of quilt design books?