After whining yesterday about blouse closure decisions, today I tackled a few easy steps and started putting pieces together.
Sleeves & Cuffs
The over blouse will be dark red. I want the top to coordinate with the skirt I just finished, so the collar and cuffs will be that dark fabric, faced with the red. I turned the facing for a clean finish, and pressed allowances to turn the facing under a bit. You can see the red rolling a little in the bottom here.
I got ready to sew cuffs onto sleeves and got the pattern pieces out to check placement when directions said to match notches. They were printed on the cuffs but not on the sleeves, so I looked at the photo and decided the cuff should flare up opposite the inner sleeve seam, midway round the arm.
A little review- lining, front & back, is ready. I sewed the sleeves in and gathered the over blouse.
So, what’s left for tomorrow, last day before I want to wear this:
- Sew the over blouse collar on and face that front V-neck.
- Re configure the French lining closure- fronts, facings and collar, to open in the front.
- Sew the lining to the over blouse.
- Hem the waist and sleeves.
- Sew the buttons on the collar, matching the the cuffs.
- Finish my Hat!